One of my favorite meals is breakfast. I could eat breakfast for every meal of the day. These protein pancakes are high in protein and carbs and are great for a pre or post workout meal. You can put different toppings and to change the macro nutrients. My personal favorite is caramel syrup, bananas and pecans.
- 1/4 Cup Gluten Free Bisquick
- 1 scope Quest Protein Powder (I have used both Multiple Purpose Mix and Peanut Butter in this recipe)
- 1/4 Cup Low Fat Cottage Cheese
- 1/2 Cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
- Coconut Oil Spray
- Heat pan and spray with coconut oil.
- If using a 12 in pan pour entire batter in pan. If using a smaller pan then pour 1/2 of the batter in the pan.
- Wait until the edges look dry so when you flipped the pancake it doesn’t fall apart.
- Cook second side for 2-3 minutes.
- Once done top with fresh fruit or other toppings.
Note: You can use this batter for pancakes or waffles.
Approximate macronutrient breakdown: Protein 40g, Carbs 50g, Fats 3 , Calories 387