I love lean cuts of beef for my protein of choice. This amazing dish came together when I was trying to decide what vegetables I wanted for to pair my steak with for dinner.
- Lean Steak (sirloin or round cuts are your best choice for lean cuts)
- Frozen Green Beans
- Sliced White Button Mushrooms
- Red Peppers
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Minced Garlic
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Season steak with salt and pepper.
- Add the steak and sliced mushrooms to a skillet. Cook meat to temperature you enjoy.
- Remove steak and add red peppers and frozen green beans.
- When green beans appear to be cooked add 1 tsp of balsamic vinegar and 1 tsp of garlic.
- Slice steak into strips and add back to vegetable mixture. Toss steak with vegetables.
- Cook a few more minutes so the steak has a chance to absorb some of the balsamic and garlic flavors.
The macros vary depending on what type of meat you use and how much. Also how much vegetables you use. This would be great on a tortilla or with some rice on the side. I encourage you to play around with the ingredients.